API Engineer (C#)
Location: UK, Remote
Join the next Fintech disruptor
We’re helping people in the UK collectively save £1 billion a year without sacrificing a single penny of their own money! Join us!
If you want to work somewhere that is having a real life impact and is helping people to build security, putting money into their savings, instead of Facebook, Google Ads and Data resellers’ pockets. We’re looking for someone who is ready and placed to accelerate their career and learning by being one of the first 10 employees at the next fast growing Fintech Startup
We’re looking for someone who shares our vision, which means you’ll be invested in the mission of our company with options alongside your salary, as well as getting to work with a start-up which in 2020 (our first year) won 4 industry awards and is one of 2021’s hottest fintech startups.
Upside Investors include:
- Ground Floor Ventures - a syndicate founded by ex Octopus, and MMC Fintech leader.
- Force Over Mass - a previous investor in What 3 Words.
- Outstanding individual investor/advisors including senior members of Google and Tandem.
About the role
Although we’re a small team now, the sky's the limit, and our ambitions are big. In the next 12 months alone, we expect to grow a dev team of ~15 people so you’ll be joining us at a really exciting time.
We are looking for C# Engineers to help build the next generation of our platform. You’ll be working to build our public API business, using the very latest engineering approaches, technologies and architecture patterns. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and develop by building a platform which is:
- API First, with the API you’ll be building being the very core of our business
- Developed and hosted using a 100% containerised infrastructure
- Based on a streaming microservices architecture, similar to that used by other top-tier large scale fintechs
- Test driven, leveraging continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Hosted 100% in the cloud
- Designed to support large scale data science
- Designed to scale ultimately to 10s of millions of transactions per day
- As an early hire into the business, you’ll have a strong ability to influence and be part of the development of this architecture as it grows.
Upside is on a mission to help ordinary people save. More than 11m people in the UK have less than £100 in savings. Round-up and habit-changing apps want to use money that people don’t have to build savings. Instead, we find the money in peoples' data and release it to them as upside (cash), giving them extra money to save. At the same time, we help our partners in the retail sector provide truly personalised offers helping them to generate more loyal customers as well as attracting new customers - ultimately helping them to grow, by creating a virtuous cycle that benefits everyone.
Customers simply connect their bank accounts via open banking, spend at retail partners on their normal debit and credit cards, and earn rewards immediately.
As a D2C app we are already gaining great traction*. Our ultimate goal is to build a platform for banks and other service providers looking for a rewards solution that customers love, allowing us to help more people to save in the UK and ultimately all over the world. We have multiple distributors in our development pipeline already, and more on the way.
* If you are on iOS, you can try it yourself. Android is coming soon!
What we’re offering in return
Upside is an early stage startup. In return for working at Upside, you will receive:
- A competitive package, comprising a salary between £45-60k AND Stock Options depending on your experience and skills. Salary will be regularly reviewed as we go through future investment rounds.
- An opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a company which is growing fast.
- An opportunity to help build a fantastic product which helps people to effortlessly build their savings by finding the money in their data that currently gets eaten up by data brokers.
To apply, please send us your CV and we'll be in touch.